Thursday, January 24, 2008

Gentlemen....Start Your Engines

It's Thursday here in the Magic Kingdom, and I'm halfway through my weekend. Yes, you may not know it, but our weekends here are Thursday and Friday. So the weekly schedule that our course is based on doesn't quite align with our work week here. In any case, this Sunday will mark the beginning of my TIP implementation. It's the first day of 2nd semester, and I'll be starting my "Podcasting and it's Impact on Reading Fluency" TIP with a fresh batch of students who have signed up for my Reading elective.


Here's me doing my best Ricky Bobby as I rev my engines and get set for the checkered flag...



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow - and here I thought Ricky Bobby was only popular in Korea. Will you be using all-start names for your next children like "Walker" and "Texas Ranger" or will you stick with the geek-chic like "Microsoft" and "Windows".

Hmmm ....

David W said...

Chris D.

What a great idea to use podcasting as a way to improve students’ reading fluency. I bet your students are very excited about creating them. Question: There are many different aspects of your podcast program. Do you have some way of identifying which of them may influence fluency? For example, students may get a lot of practice, or they may be highly motivated, or they may hear their voice – all these things can affect fluency. What do you think? David W.

Gaoming said...

Chris,

You have made a very detailed plan for your project. I like how you include multiple forms of data, qualitative and quantitative, observation and survey, etc. I hope you could say more about the participants, who they are, do they have prior experience with making podcasting, etc. You might also add a few questions in the survey, with respect to participants’ experience with creating podcasting since the experience itself may affect their motivation. Gaoming Z.